Logo

DF140 Problems

VolklGoat

I have a 2005 Suzuki DF140 that randomly lets out a warning beep (~1.5 seconds) while running or idiling then either cuts the RPM drastically or shuts off completely. There are no warning lights on the dash to suggest overheat or oil problems.

Recently, the engine had been warming up in neutral for about 5 minutes, water coming out of the pilot hole like it should, and the warning beep sounded for about 2 seconds and the motor shut off. But THIS TIME when I tried to start the motor back up nothing would happen at all, it was acting as if the throttle controls were not getting any electricity because when I turned the key halfway nothing would happen at all, no initial beep, no lights, and I couldn't even use the trim button. However, I was able to use the trim button on the motor itself and it worked fine.

After about 20 minutes of trying, I turned the key one last time, this time the lights came on, initial beep happened, and the motor cranked and ran for the next 2 hours with no problems.

Do any of you experienced Suzuki guys have any idea what to think of all this? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Back