Logo

float sticking 1980 45hp

I have a 1980's 4 cylinder 45 hp mariner with 2 carbs. My problem is I've had the carbs worked on 3 times and after about 2 to 6 hrs of use the seat sticks on one or both of the carbs. They put in new carb kits. Any advise?
Thanks
Ken

Re: float sticking

Make sure the needle and seats were replaced. No all gasket kits include them and they have to be ordered seperately.

I have a 1980's 4 cylinder 45 hp mariner with 2 carbs. My problem is I've had the carbs worked on 3 times and after about 2 to 6 hrs of use the seat sticks on one or both of the carbs. They put in new carb kits. Any advise?
Thanks
Ken
yes I agree Make sure your needle and seats were replaced.But check your fuel filter make sure it not full with gunk,I had the same problem a few months ago,It was because one of my fuel lines got soft and peaces of it keep coming off from the inside and clogging my fuel filter and getting stuck in the needle valves.once I changed that line i didn't have that problem any more.Just a suggestion.Hope you get her figured out.

Thanks VANE. Thats probably it cause he did find some black stuff in the carbs the last time. Thanks for not judging me and telling me a manual is a cheap investment!

Advise you install an in line filter AFTER the fuel pump, not rely on those dorky screens at each carb.

Jeff

Back