Logo

1995 90 hp merc tilt trim

wagon burner

i was wondering if anybody had a drawing on the tilt trim pump motor? it is a 1995 90hp mercury i thought if i take it apart i could see the problem but who knew there would be springs and ball bearings everywhere i figured where everything goes back but one spring there was a total of 3 springs 2 of them goes on the 2 ball bearings the other 1 ????????
Thanks

Re: 90 hp merc tilt trim

A lot of times you can figure these out by the parts diagrams located here on this site.

In the top-center of this page is a drop-down menu "Boat-Engine-Parts"... choose "outboard motor parts" then Mercury Outboard Parts"... This will get you to where you can enter your model # and get the right exploded-view diagrams.

Ray

Last edited:
Re: 90 hp merc tilt trim

i was wondering if anybody had a drawing on the tilt trim pump motor? it is a 1995 90hp mercury i thought if i take it apart i could see the problem but who knew there would be springs and ball bearings everywhere i figured where everything goes back but one spring there was a total of 3 springs 2 of them goes on the 2 ball bearings the other 1 ????????
Thanks

assumming a 3wire motor (aka black filler plug) - the third spring goes into the hole with the oring recess cut into it. first the spring, then the red ball bearing, then a new oring. There's a lot more to it than a volunteer text based forum will ever touch ... but that should get it working well enough to finish season.

Back