Logo

check engine light????? 1997 200hp

Heavy389

Got a 97' 200hp,was runnin other day and looked down an check engine light was lit on systems check tach,shut it down and restarted and light went out....... ran 1/2hr back to slip and didnt come back on......anybody know what trips :eek: these light???

Re: check engine light?????

yep..........fuel restriction.......chg all....fuel filters,ck fuel lines for crimping,pinched etc.....fuel lines coming apart,insd.........??

Thanx jwb! Hopefully I can finish the season,will definentlly be on the winter repair list,need to make new floor cover on belly tank so will replace all lines from tank to carbs!

Also will be installing water seperator,were inline would it go??? what side of primer bulb??

Thanx jwb! Hopefully I can finish the season,will definentlly be on the winter repair list,need to make new floor cover on belly tank so will replace all lines from tank to carbs!

Also will be installing water seperator,were inline would it go??? what side of primer bulb??

I've always installed it between the tank and the primer bulb, and that's what's always been recommended to me. I recommend the kind of water sep filter that has the clear bowl at the bottom for draining. I've used both and prefer the drain bowl type by quite a bit. Always use the best quality (i.e. expensive, 10 micron, 99% removal) ~ $20 ea. rather than the cheap ones.

JWB is right on if a Carb motor.

If Ficht fuel injected it would be an issue the EMM has detected. This is similar to the Check Engine light in your car. In that case the EMM would need to be hooked up to a computer to see what the trouble code is.

JWB is right on if a Carb motor.

If Ficht fuel injected it would be an issue the EMM has detected. This is similar to the Check Engine light in your car. In that case the EMM would need to be hooked up to a computer to see what the trouble code is.

Yes it is a carb motor:cool: Thanx guys:D

Back