Logo

force 125 overheating

eddsull3

my 125 overheats has new water pump no clog in water tube removed t-stat even pulled powerhead replaced gasket between head and exhaust
i had it in the water to check if i was getting water to engine no spitting from exhaust but saw alarge air bubble around prop or water inlet could it be bad ehaust plate gaskets or plate i pulled exhaust cover found a little water in the area of the inlet to exhaust plate just lower left corner of cover had water also exhaust plate is warped should it be replaced along with gaskets

Was lower re-installed correct?The pump housing and wear plate ok?
Did the key in the impeller slip out of position?
The bent plate shouldn't be too much of a problem.It should go back the way it was.
Remove the thermo housing and start it and see how much water is pumped.Then test the thero.J

brand new impeller housing wear plate everything t-stat is out pulled plug next to t-stat housing no water with lower end off used hose with nozzle started engine no water circulation

If you took the lower off and used a hose and no water,Then there is a bigger problem.The tube from the pump up to the head is probably blocked.J

Back