Logo

Verado Remote Starting Questions

jessie00721

Hello,

Im pretty new to messing around with verado engines and have some basic starting questions.

First: Can you make or buy a remote starter just to test these engines? If you can make one instructions would be great. (dont really care about shifting at the moment, just want to start it up).

Second: When you buy dts controls does a dts module hook up by the controls or in the engine compartment? Does that dts module need any kind of programming?

Third: I dont have any wiring at all as you can tell, where is the best place to get this stuff without spending a arm and a leg and is what exactly is needed to complete rigging? Different harnesses? Modules? Ect...?

I would appreciate any info you can give, I would be happy just to wire up something so the engine thinks it is in the run position on a switch so I can run diagnositc software at very least to start. If it matters, the engine in question is a 2006 275hp mercury verado.

Thank you for your time,
Jessie00721

Jessie, don't want you to think you are being ignored, but you may not find alot of answers to your questions here.

The Verado's are "new, big 4 strokes". All the kit/controls are still proprietery to Merc at the moment. Maybe in 10 years the aftermarket will hook onto it, if the motors are popular enough, but for now you are kinda stuck shopping at a Merc dealer (who could also either answer your questions or put you in touch with a rep who can).

Personally, that's the route I would go at this time (talk to a dealer). That is a multi-thousand dollar engine and until it has quite a few more years under it's belt I would stay away from trying to "jury rig" anything to the "fly by wire" controls that it has.

One "oops" and you can fry thousands of dollars worth of sensors and computers...

Back