Logo

T arrangement on AD41P

pvbud

What is the arrangement of choice for injection of anti-freeze into raw water side for winter protection? Any diagrams available. (Conservation of space is important.)

Thank you for helping.

pv

3 methods I have used ..
First and most simply, but least effective and most wasteful. Put antifreeze directly into strainer, then run, add more, run and drain pipes with either the plugs or valves, ensuring mix is showing antifreeze penetration.
Second .. disconnect rubber hose from copper raw water intake line, attach same dia hose and fit a barb or ( I used a washing machine attachment line and hose clamp good fit), then rum engine with hose in a large container of antifreeze (straight at first), check and drain.
Third..if your P Model has the transom valve then you can install a external valve on the raw copper line in and simply close transom valve and repeat #2 which is my set up. I have also replaced the penta stop cocks with mini ball valves making identification of bleed points easy to spot and fast to do, otherwise you might drain the closed side by mistake.
This set up also allows you to run the engine in the spring prior to launch and capture the antifreeze for recycling, and run engine with a garden hose supply of cooling water (just be careful with pressure and volume and not damage the engine) .

Back