Logo

2007 Mercury 2 cycle Trim Sender Wiring

Wingnut15

Does anyone know where the brown/white wire is located under the cowl for connection to trim sender? I found a plain brown wire. Is that the same?

If you have a standard 8 pin harness there is no allowance for it to carry the trim sender (it has/uses it's own harness which should be connected to the sender if it's installed).

That would be my next question - do you have one there? They don't come "standard" on the motors, so if you didn't buy it as an add on, then the sender is (usually) not there...

I have the sender and need to install it. I know where the sender mounts on the tilt housing. The sender has a short ground wire and I know where that goes as well. However, the long brown/white wire is suppose to inside the cowl and connect to another brown/white wire. Where is that wire located? I found a plain brown wire. Could that it?

Thanks for the help!

That's what I was trying (poorly) to say - you probably DON'T have a wire to connect that to on the harness that goes up to your shifter/dash so you will need (another) wire (mini harness) that will to go up to your tilt gauge.

If you simply have the standard 8 pin harness, there is no brown/white in that one for the trim sender.

On Mercs the brown wire (by itself) is normally the feed for an RPM limiter (if equipped). It was simply a (splice) coming off of one of the trigger wires so the limiter could "measure" the rpms and if the motor over revved it would ground out the ignition.

So you really don't want to be pluggin' your trim sender into that one - you need to run another wire up to your gauge....

Back