Logo

6hp johnson fule pump

rwilson

i need to know where the two springs in the fuel pump go. there are two, one big and one small, also a small plastic button same size as the small spring? thanks for the help.

thanks sgtmaj83, I went to the site you suggested, they only show a breakdown of the filter. any other suggestions
helpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

The large spring "w/plastic or almu cap" goes in the center of the diaphram. small spring goes in upper left corner of center section. It helps to make a jig to assemble the pump, otherwise you need 13 fingers.

i got the fuel pump back together and installed. took the carb. off and clean it with carb. cleaner and reinstalled it. the darn thing still is not running right. i've tried tweeking the low idle, but it does not seem to help. the flaot in the carb was out of wack, i adjusted it to no avail. to me it acts like the engine never gets warm up, and has to be run with the choke part way out at low rpm, but once you get the rpm up to like mid throttle it can be pushed in and it runs pretty good. my question is this, will a carb rebuilt kit help the problem. any other suggestions would be helpful. thank you.

It sounds as though the slow running circuit of the carb is still not properly clean.

Did you actually strip it down and clean all the passages and jets?

A kit should contain all the items that you might need to replace.

i took all of the jets out and cleaned them with carb cleaner,also took a twist ntie off of a loaf of bread and strip the paper off the wire and used the wire to run in and out of the jets. could it possible be in the coil or points? thanks again. i was going to by some carb cleaner to soak the carb in overnight, but they wanted 26 dollars for a gal..p.s. the float was made out of cork. is normal?

Back