Logo

Yamaha F150 04' needs prime

cobiayamaha

My F150 runs fine after I prime manually several times. If i shut it off and start within 10 mins it starts right up. It seems like it is loosing its prime. I have inspected lines and fuel water seperator for leaks none found. is there some type of primer sloenoid that could be bad or fuel pump? if so how can I test these issues?

does your primer bowl get hard when you pump it up. Have you check your fuel tank pickup line.sounds like its air leak in fuel system.

this may so sound stupid but how can i check for air leaks and if it was an air leak would there also be some fuel leakage?
If you pump the bowl with the motor not running ,it should get hard if it doesn't that will tell you there a leak.

The ball will get hard only when its not runnning,once you start the motor,the ball will get soft thats normal

Vane, thank you for your correspondence, I found no leaks but believe that the check valve in the primer bulb is poss. gone bad or gets stuck open occasionally. I will report back after this next fix, thanks again!

Back