Logo

Help locating impeller kit

CajunWon

I completed the 'Contact' form requesting this on Sunday with no reply.

Model J130TLEOP
Water pump with w/o housing
Should contain the Sierra replacement to oem impeller #5001593

I found the Carb kit, which I will order at same time. 18-7248 -- Carb Kit 18-7248

Unable to call during their business hours.

That's my issue as well. I know little about it, but appears my P suffix model is rare. Below is how I discovered the carb kit, with the hope it is correct.
\"p\" Suffix Models Only Parts for 1995 Johnson 130 hp J130TLEOA Outboard Motor

I was able to call during the day. The rep was equally concerned with the Model#, so he researched after the call and emailed these items which I have ordered:
18-7220 -- Carb Kit 18-7220 : 1 : 15.47
18-3211 -- Impeller Repair Kit 18-3211 : 1 : 28.91

Next: is there a carb repair write-up available on this motor? I have seen youtube video which
appears simple enough but starts and ends with the carb off the motor.

I tackled the carburetors today with the carb kit received. I used 2 parts for one of the 4 carbs but mostly just cleaned and reassembled. Now I am concerned that the impeller kit is not correct.

Learned a few things on this, my 1st marine motor carb maintenance. Was surprised the carb is all plastic, except for a few metal components. And was very clean.

Wrong Kit!
The carb kit for my V4 motor only contained parts for 1 carburetor at $15+. Maybe that one is on me as I never asked if I needed more than one kit.

The carb kit did not contain the correct parts for my motor -of the half-dozen parts in the kit: one was correct (float chamber gasket); one I was able to modify (carb to intake manifold gasket); one was the correct shape but needed another hole (maybe I will modify as it appears important). the other gasket was not for my motor at all.

Could someone knowledgeable help me identify 2 gaskets within this kit?
1. The long skinny loop gasket, It is the right shape but had to cut away the lower, small circle intended for a bolt.
2. the far right, nearly a square shape (parallelogram) was the correct shape but needs a 5th hole in the upper right corner.

My little experience today tells me that these 2 gaskets are the most likely to help my low speed/idle issue and would like to order the correct parts if I can somehow determine the correct part numbers (a-la-carte).

18-7220.jpg

Last edited:
if the float chamber gasket,ws correct..........and the intake gasket,u have the right kit...u can look up ur correct parts,in the 'sierra' section,under parts,on this site..

This is what the kit is supposed to look like in Sierra version:
18-7248.jpg

CARB KIT 18-7248

List Price
$21.49
Part Number
18-7248
Your Price
$15.93
Manufacturer
Sierra Marine

Out of stock: