Logo

Tilt and Trim Problems

Cajunn

The issues I'm having is the motor will go down by itself when running in the water and also it will not trim up when I'm running it in the water. When I slow down (no load) it will trim up and down normal. So I trimmed the motor up and manually pushed down on the motor and it slowly does down. I fluid is full and the fill cap is tight. Does anyone know what could be the problem?

First thing, check to ensure that the manual release valve (plastic flat head screw about the size of a nickel) around the pump is not cracked open. Open it a turn then shut it.

Also, what is engine model/ser#?? Good idea to always post that info on a new thread.

I've got a 5.0 L mercruiser alpha one. Had to replace the pump on mine. Also replaced the two solenoids. Took pictures of it before I tore it down so I know everything is hooked back up correctly. I got it all back in the boat and the pump worked up and down perfectly. A few minutes later I tried to trim up and got nothing. It will trim down. But when I try to trim up I get nothing. No clicking or any noise coming from anything. All wires are intact and everything is tight. After messing with it some more I noticed that the 20 amp fuse was blown. Replaced it and still can't get it to trim up. I can jump the solenoid with a screw driver and it will trim up just fine. Just won't work using the trim switch on the handle. Any suggestions???

Im having problem getting power to my tilt/trim buttons on throttle. If I bypass it the trim and tilt work. any help would be great,

Back