Logo

68 Turbocraft

richardinmaine

If anybody is interested in seeing and hearing my Turbocraft with Ford Interceptor just go to you tube ,search 68 turbocraft, it is about the 5th one down, it is 2min and 19sec long filmed July 4th this year. Turn up your speakers LOL.
Regards Richard in New Harbor Maine

Hey there Richard - I'm usually on the Chrysler Inboard page....I've got a '70 Buehler.

I'm glad to see you on this forum becuase I saw the youtube videos a couple of weeks ago. Nice boat. I'd love to see some more pictures.

I'm not positive but, I have a feeling your boat may actually be pre-'68. In addition to the left-drive (the last of which were made around '64-65) the Interceptor could be a giveaway. By 1966, most, if not all, of the engine options were Chryslers. That same year, the lineup also underwent a drastic facelift when Buehler hired Virgil Exner (famous car designer) to redesign the boats.

Get in touch. If I can't tell you whatever there is to know about your boat, I can introduce you to people who can.

Thank you for the response. I would really like to know what year it is. I restored this boat 13 years ago and just recently got it back. I'm restoring it again to all it glory and will send some pictures as I go along. I'm having all the seats redone and along with stripping the boat and having it repainted this winter. I can't seem to find oput what exactly the engine is. I have posted all the numbers I can find but no response as yet. Thank you again. Richard in Maine

I took another look at your youtube videos and tried to pause them as the camera panned past identifiable areas like the dash, etc. Your boat's model year is somewhere between 1959 (first year they were made) and 1962.

That being the case, your Interceptor is going to be the 256 cubic inch Y-block. I believe they were rated at about 135hp.

Good morning Gregg: I can't seem to make your e-mail address work? Please send another e-mail and we will try it again. I have e-mail with many pictures of my boat. Regards Richard

Back