Logo

Mariner 5HP

musikman43155

Hi,

I'm new to this forum & seeking help for my Mariner 5HP. I traded around for this motor this past February. It is very clean and runs great, but, the steering handle has a lot of play in it. I looked at a schematic for this paticular motor, & it seems I'm missing one of the bushings. I found two websites that listed the bushing, but, they no longer carry it in stock.

I'm curious to find if there's an equivalent Yamaha outboard of the same vintage that shares a similar bushing. My Mariner is a 6E3 short shaft. I also am unsure of how old this motor is.

Here's the link with the bushing I need:

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Merc2/Mariner/5C/6E3-102151 AND UP/THROTTLE CONTROL/parts.html

It is part# 3 in the schematic.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks!

Ok, this site says they have it in stock, as did all the others. I honestly didn't realize this site sold parts. The part# is 23-91758M.

Is it actually in stock?

Andrew who runs the site can confirm whether or not it's actually in stock, but it appears he has a bunch sitting on the shelf.

Your motor is "mechanically" a Yamaha model 5C (which they first produced in 1980).

If you post up the rest of the serial/model number I can give you an exact year (so looking for the handful of digits after the 6E3 S xxxxxxxx)

Back