Logo

1993 Yamaha 225 hp flat spot while accelerating from idle

Peter Tag

I have a 1993 225 hp on 20 ft. hydro sport 2000 dc, engine idles fine, but recently when accelerating it has a flat spot and stalls, if engine rpm gets past this rpm range, engine runs fine at higher rpms(acts as if the accelerator pump not working , if the carb. had one.), fuel flow good, spark good

I am having the same exact problem. I have a 1993 250 TXRR. Have you had any luck? It idled fine but when but when I put it into gear it stalled. My mechanic said it was the carbs and they needed to be cleaned and rebuilt. He cleaned and rebuilt the carbs and replaced the Fuel Pumps. I also had a 100 hr. service done at the same time. After all this, it was still doing the same thing. I tested the compression 2 weeks ago and it read 90lbs on all 6 cylinders. It seemed a little low but everywhere I read, it says the most important thing is that they are all the same or within 10lbs of each other. My mechanic is now saying that the compression is too low and this is to blame. He got it to run by adjusting the carbs really really rich. Now it idles ok and runs good at high RPM's but it hesitates and bogs at low RPM's (800-1800 approx.).

Back