Logo

2003 60 HP Yam 2-cycle

dukchaser

I have a 60 HP 2 stroke on an 18 ft LOWE. Stars and runs great for about 10 minutes. Up on plane with no problem. After 10-15 mins, It seems as though I lose about half power. It won't plane, and lugs at about 1/4 speed. NOTHING will clear it to resume high speed. tried different tank, different gas, drained carb bowls and on and on. Think there is a coil getting hot? Maybe shutting into safe mode due to heat? Pisser seems to slow when this is happening. No signd of heat, steam, no alarm sounding. Shut it down for a couple hours, starts fine and planes off again and then the same thing in about 10-15 mins. Any thoughts?

can you touch the head and hold you hand on it for a few sec's without burning your hand?

you need to do a spark check when it has dropped down on power, this will tell you if it's a ign problem.

Thanks. Will check the heat. I'll see if I can get my wife to hold the wheel while I check the spark/wires. This has to be done while under power and in gear. Throw it in neutral and it runs smooth! Never a missing sound, just won't throttle up after it runs for awhile. Thinking perhaps water pump? As stated, the outflow (pee-hole) is working, but seems the stream is a bit weaker. Is there such a thing as a "sorta" working water pump?

Back