Logo

Mercury motor info

79Merc90

Hi all, first time here. I was told there is a site where I can type in my serial# of my engine and I can find out the year, when it was bought, by who etc. Can anyone tell me the site to go for this?? Thanks. :confused:

Hi all, first time here. I was told there is a site where I can type in my serial# of my engine and I can find out the year, when it was bought, by who etc. Can anyone tell me the site to go for this?? Thanks. :confused:
Sorry, But there is no web site that YOU can go to and get that Information.

You could go to a mercruiser dealer with your engine serial number and they might be ale to give you some of that information about your "engine" As long as the serial number was registered by a mercury dealer at the time of the sale, But they should not give you the name and address of the original owner out of a privacy law/Respect.

Now there is a web site that you could try to input your serial number set up by Mercury/Mercruiser to help you find parts for your engine as long as the engine is not to old, I believe it will go as far back as 1980, But I'm not 100% sure about that.

Go to Mercury parts express.com/us/
http://www.mercurypart***press.com/us/

Good luck.;)

Back