Logo

using volvo remote for "1998" 115hp omc

cavet

i have followed the directions to the "t". changed every possible connection correctly, to find a potential fix...none. the throttle cable will not advance to throttle up with the gear cable attached. the gear shift cable is limiting the throttle cables ablility to throttle up. this is the same in both fwd and rev. please help me fix this dang thing. cav

Re: using volvo remote for "98" 115 omc

i have followed the directions to the "t". changed every possible connection correctly, to find a potential fix...none. the throttle cable will not advance to throttle up with the gear cable attached. the gear shift cable is limiting the throttle cables ablility to throttle up. this is the same in both fwd and rev. please help me fix this dang thing. cav
this volvo-penta remote is brand new, as are the cables.

Re: using volvo remote for "98" 115 omc

Is the shift cable throw correct? Once the outboard is fully in gear, the control can't push/pull the cable any farther. Most control boxes won't allow the throttle to be advanced until the drive is fully in gear. If the Volvo box wants to pull the cable farther than the OMC engine will let it, you will get the result you describe.

On generic remotes, there are different holes in the control's shift and throttle bellcranks to allow for the different throw of different model motors and drives. I don't know what kind of volvo remote you have, so I don't know what this might look like. The Volvo SX sterndrive was based on the OMC cobra. I beleive they were able to use the OMC flush mount control so the setup should be similar. No idea what the DP and AQ series sterndrives were set up for.

Back