Logo

adding controls to 9.9 evinrude

cut-throat

I have an E10RCS that I'm going to add controls to and before I start ordering items, I would like to make sure that I get ALL of the right parts in the same box (or at least during the same week). I'm going to keep the rope start.

I would assume:rolleyes: a teleflex or uflex side mount control would suffice or do I need to waste $ and buy the OMC controls?

Probably a very stupid question, but...after correctly measuring, two sets of cables, one for throttle, one for shift?

Do I need a connection kit for both throttle and shift if i buy the OMC cables?

Last but not least....after tiller handle is out, do both cables mount through tiller hole or what? I'm just guessing that the shift lever would go away?

Thanks in advance.

OK, guess i've accounted for everything due to the lack of response.

Usually I say thanks but on this topic, ya'll suck!!!!!!!!!! If I order the wrong parts or don't order something that I need, it will be on your heads. I hope ya'll can deal with such a heavy burden.:rolleyes:

OK, guess i've accounted for everything due to the lack of response.

Usually I say thanks but on this topic, ya'll suck!!!!!!!!!! If I order the wrong parts or don't order something that I need, it will be on your heads. I hope ya'll can deal with such a heavy burden.:rolleyes:

I feel your pain..I asked about a 9.9 Johnson, supplied the model# and like you I got no response. Good luck...I hope it works out.

i did this on a older 1958 10hp johnson motor it took me 2 months to come up with brackets that was stock for that yr i used a rack and pinion from teleflex and used a evinrude simplex control with 2 handles with cables, what you are asking of these guys a 9.9 useally dont have seperate controls what mean by this everyone uses the tiller untill you get up into your bigger horse power, the thing to remember if it isnt stock then you have to use trial and error what i did i went to a used boat yard and looked at diffrent setups took pictures then i hit ebay and scrolled for days looking at pictures of motors and brackets then i ordered what i could and took a cutting torch and a welder and made what i couldnt find, these guys on here are not getting paid to sit for hours trying to help everyone, they help who they can and stay quiet with whom they cant, you will be suprised at what you can do depending on how much you want it, take your time take pictures and make drawings and getter done, then when someone has the same problem you will be the one that can help them and that is a reward of itself, not meaning for this post to be a smartass just trying to help

Thanks Irishwoodsman. Honestly, I was just foolin around. My last two posts were bait. Just trying to get someone to bite. Tomfoolery ect... I know all this advise is free and have no ill feelings if I don't get answers. I think this forum is on of the better one's as far as the quality (knowledge) of the responses. Even if the pros don't respond to mine.

My 9.9 is already on a remote troll so I don't have to worry about the steering. The reason I want to add shift and throttle is that every time some one burps out "fish on" (thank god this happens alot) there is a spastic surge to the motor (usually my big brother) to throttle down and kick it out of gear. My brother gets dangerously excited when his pole bends and I'm afraid that one day on his way to the motor he will just keep going and join the fish on the bottom of the lake. Not to mention if he's had a couple.

I was able to investigate the motor a little further and found that there is a hole on the shift side of the motor for the shift cable. I'm sure that will need a bracket as well as the throttle. I just want to make sure that I order the necessary parts before I start meddleing with the motor. The manual does not show the routing or mounting of these cables.

Thanks for your help. AP

your more than welcome might have to put a tether line on that brother, give a man a beer he will sit down and drink it, give him a 12 pack and he will fall down and still drink it lol

Back