Logo

Water Temperature Sender

lockie

I managed to break the top of the seawater temperature sender on my 2GM. Does anyone know of the generic replacement for this?

If I have to, I'll pay Yanmar prices, but like many of these things, Yanmar just rebrand someone else's product and slap on a silly price.

lockie

Dont know Lockie but it would be great to have a list of parts that could be bought of the shelf to replace parts like this.
I needed a starter coil for mine they wanted 4 times the price for an off the shelf part.
let us know how you get on.

Good on yer dave, keep the revolution going!!!!

The closest I can get here in Oz in a 60 degC switch (which is what the yanmars are) has a 14mm x 1.5 thread but I need it to be threaded 16mm x 1.5.

Can anyone advise of a vendor for engine sensors in the USA that might stock these?

Cheers, lockie

This may solve your 'problem:

I thought about a reducing bush, but 16mm outside and 14mm inside threads would only leave a 1mm wall thickness - not deep enough for the thread.

cheers, lockie

That was just a general suggestion.
If the hexagon part of the bushing is about 1/2" high, it will be no problem.
The inner part does not have to be threaded all way through, just a hole big enough for the sensor part.
You may even just use a 16 x 1,5 threaded (outside) part and weld a 14 x 1,5 nut on top.
Just use same material.

Last edited:
Hi; Can you find a helicoil that would work? They work great in aluminum, we used them in our Hewland MK8 gear boxes in FF1600 cars, and not difficult to use.
Good luck. Fraser

Back