Logo

johnson 40hp oil-injection 1992

lofdoc

Need help! After my injection system failed, I had it removed and have been mixing the fuel 50-1. The motor starts and runs smoothly at slow speeds, but jerks badly and I am unable to increase the speed because the motor jerks violently. If I then run very slowly, the motor runs absolutely smoothly. Is the motor in a safe mode, and if so, is there still a sensor telling it there is a problem? If there is still a sensoractive, how can I turn it off?

did you disconnect the the plug on the vro? (three wire or 4wire plug) if not the vro is telling the motor it has no oil and is going into slow mode.

did you disconnect the the plug on the vro? (three wire or 4wire plug) if not the vro is telling the motor it has no oil and is going into slow mode.

The VRO "no oil" sensor can trigger the SLOW mode? That's a new one for me. As far as I know, it has nothing to do with SLOW mode which is triggered by the heat sensor. The "no oil" sensor (if it hasn't been disconnected) would just sound the alarm and/or warning light.

Happy conclusion: I found the solution to my problem. I had the CD Box replaced for 165 dollars. The motor runs smoothly at all speeds. There apparently was a faulty computer or electrical impulse telling the engine it had a problem.

Thanks for your help
Lofdoc

Back