Logo

2007 etec 75 hp

bnd

Have not had my 2007 on the water yet this year. Dumped my fuel & re-filled tank. Screwed in a garden hose in to the water intake to start motor. Water is not exiting through the Pee hole, like when it is on the water. It seems to be pouring out of everywhere else but the pee hole on top. Can anyone help? Is the pump bad? It is supposed to come out of the top "pee" hole even when it is hooked to a hose, yes?
This motor has aprox. 10 hours on it.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Where exactly did you screw in the garden hose and where is your pee hole at ? Did you put the garden hose where you pee hole is normally at ?

did the motor overheat while you were flushing you motor? could you place your hand on the heads and not get burned? water will come out of many holes on the motor and lower unit, did you check to see if the pee hole is plugged up? lots of little bugs love to make their home in there., if the motor is not over heating the system is working, just not peeing.

did the motor overheat while you were flushing you motor? could you place your hand on the heads and not get burned? water will come out of many holes on the motor and lower unit, did you check to see if the pee hole is plugged up? lots of little bugs love to make their home in there., if the motor is not over heating the system is working, just not peeing.

Coue, I never ran the motor long enough to overheat. I thought the pressure of the hose alone would be enough too circulate the water through the system. when it did not I fired up the engine, ran for about 3 seconds. When the water did not come out where it was supposed to I shut it down.
I am leaning towards something being clogged so I will try to address that today.
Is it possible the motor is functioning properly and not peeing?

Boobie, the hose screw in port is directly below the pee hole.

Thanks for the replies guys, does anyone know where I can download a schematic for this motor online? I cannot find one.

Take the hood off and look very closley at the area where the flush hose attaches to the mtr. That grommet will somtimes fall off as it was only held on by tie wraps. Had it happen to me already. Also remember mud dobbers.

Last edited:
Back