Logo

Nissan 40 D and alarm buzzer Issue.

waterpirate100

Hi got a problem and need some advice.

It a 1999 40 D electronic start with trim/tilt I've owned since new. For history I blew the head gasket last summer and had it replaced and everything ran fine and I winterized the boat. This year the motor did not pump water so I replaced the impeller. Ran it on the hose and everything was fine. Only thing after that was losing and replacing the carb drain plug gasket with a T'hotsu aluminum washer rather than teflon. ( don't alk ho its embarassing).

A dry run at the lake 2 weeks later. The boat idled rough but ok died a few time at idle. When putting in forward or reverse the alarm buzzer in the throttle control started up. I don't have temp pressure gages so not sure what is up. My manual is in a stroage locker somewhere so I can't look it up what it is.

Run me down the list of problems and I'll go through them one by one. Any ideas, battery is 3 yeas old and seems ok.

Thanks Rick

The alarm only comes on for two reasons on your model:

Low oil

Over heat

If you just replaced the impeller then chances are that is the problem. You have to use the kit and replace the plate and liner. If you did use the kit then the problem could be anything and you will have to start the trouble shooting process as outlined in your service manual.

Thanks
Dealer traced it down to the micro switch itself.

So a new question arises. A few years ago some unnamed tech cut my ignition wire and ground to wire in a new depth finder. Would the switch sound an alarm if this connnection is going bad and droping voltage or bad ground to the micro switch and do I need to worry abount this splice.

Thanks again

Back