Logo

2003 eninrude ficht 200 hp engine problem

pep25

When I turn the key on it goes through the engine self test and then the no oil,hot ,check engine light come on.
check engine light come on.

eninrude huh?

can you give us more specifics?
does it run? does it crank over but not start? if it cranks do you have spark? After cranking can you smell fuel in the exhaust?

If no to the above questions, probably a wiring issue or EMM problem. If yes to any please post details.

Did you have your battery checked and all connections on both the battery and the mtr for being good and clean and tight ?

No. I'm thinking it could be a bad battery, corroeded or loose connections on either the battery or the mtr itself. It doesn't take that much amperage to run the t/t. But to crank the mtr, yes. I don't think your 10 amp fuse in the pdp is blown due to the fact your t/t works and system check gauge lites up. Also, do you have a battery switch in this boat ?

Take a meter and read the volts at the battery, the read the volts on the soleniod at the motor,( power comming into the motor) is it the same? now go to the other side of the solenoid have someone turn the key, did the same volts go to the other side of the solenoid and on to the starter motor? let us know.

I have a batt switch with two batt. and its in the all position,And my port motor starts fine its my starboard motor that giving me the problem.

When i turn the key to the on position the lights flash one at a time and then all three come back on .I thought the motor would not crank unless all three lights where out.

Just a possibility you might have some corroeded connection in the battery switch going to the mtr your having probs with.

Thanks i'll check that out this weekend,I'm going to check all my wiring to and from the EMM.And if all that is good I'll probably be exchanging the EMM.

Back