Logo

evinrude 100 doesntrun right

whitey

Hi All
Im at a loss with this motor, it starts right up. Get on the water start to accelerate, just as it gets on plane it falls on its face but doesnt shut off. new fuel pump, carbs have been disassembled and cleaned. the seloc manual I have talks about syncronizing the motor but I cant get the throttle pickup to 3 t0 5 degrees it stops at around 12 degrees and wont go less.It also talks about an essentric which I cant locate on the motor Gas tank has been removed and cleaned, vent is clear, new water separator. one thing I wonder about is the fuel pump. I ordered it from marine engine it had an extra port. I unscrewed the filter and removed the round part with the extra port and used the shorter screw from my old pump and put it back together. The engine is an 84 e100wtlcrs. compression is 110,111,112and 121. please help
whitey

what was the part number of the fuel filter you ordered? have yo tried to pump the fuel bulb as it's starting to fall on it's face? let us know.

when I called marine engine I gave them the part #out of my parts manual 394227 they said it had been changed to 395716 but the one I took off the motor has 343462 on the back of it. I was by myself when I tested the boat. Ill try pumping the ball next chance I get. Thanks whitey

I did not remove them. The manual I have says you need a special tool, Im still tring to find the tool, but I shot carb cleaner and compressed air into the drian holes, these were clogged up when I started on the bottom carb. but I have air coming through now. Can you tell me more about the special tool?

Hello , does any one know if the evinrude 100 supposed to have a 3/8 fuel line. This is not the original motor and it had a force on it from the factory and the gas tank and lines are 5/16. do you think it matters?
Thanks whitey

In one section you say the carbs were dissasembled and cleaned. In another you say you shot carb cleaner through the drain plug hole to clean them. You cannot adequately clean these carbs by shooting cleaner in the drain plug hole. Can't even come close.

Hi thanks for responding. I dissassemled the carbs cleaned the pieces removed the float and needle and took the float bowl and removed the drain screws and cleaned it with carb cleaner the manual says I needed a special tool to remove the hi speed jet. I just got that today.

Try removing the fuel line from its fitting at the engine. Put the loose end in a fuel can. Pump the primer bulb. It should pump effortlessly, and you should get a full bulb of volume on each stroke. If it is hard to pump, or you are getting air with the fuel, you may have other issues such as internally collapsed fuel line, or leaking fittings. (On the suction side of the bulb, it is not uncommon for the fittings to leak air and not fuel)

Back