Logo

1992 king cobra driveshaft yoke???

crazycat57

I have a 1992 454 chevy with a king cobra, cone clutch drive. the original omc part as near as i can tell is 0912212. sierra says their after market driveshaft yoke, 18-2146 is the correct after market part. the sierra shaft splines, diameter,overall length,u joints are all are the same, but the machined area where the gimble brg sets is shorter on the sierra. the omc machined area is 2 5/6" long and the sierra is 1 1/2"long this is 13/16" shorter. When the drive moves up ,down or sideways i would think the shaft will have to slide some.The sierra shaft also has a 3rd groove for a o ring close to where the splines end, they say it will fit some mercruisers. will this be sierra 18-2146 shaft be right for my king cobra [ not a regular cobra] Thanks for any help ,Denny

OK but $20 difference isn't much for the one I showed you on ebay and then you don't have to worry about whether it will work or the difference in length, the Sierra one is a universal one which may work fine but if it was me I would go OEM.

Back