Logo

I have a broke part and I don't know what it is!!

wigman

Sorry, hope I am not sounding stupid, I have a part on my Evinrude SPL 90 2 stroke that is broke and I don't know what it does. It clearly feeds fuel into the carbs and has an air fitting like a tire would have. Fuel goes in and two lines go out, one to each carb. The air fitting looks like it can be rotated to turn on or off. It has power going to it. I attached a pic...I think, if the upload worked.

One of the fuel line fittings broke off. Also, I am not sure what position is normal (operating conditions) of the "air fitting-red handle on it).

What is this and what does it do and should I just buy a new one?

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks, Mark

Attachments

• Evenrude part 1.jpg
    Evenrude part 1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 72
It's there to pump up the tires on your trailer......LOL. It's really called a maintance valve. You can get aerosol cans with the right fittings on them to either fog out your mtr for storage or run engine tuner through it to decarb the mtr. The red lever should be parrell with body for normal operation.

Sweet! Thanks! I know cars and trucks pretty good (engineer by trade) but marine engines are proving to be a little different....thanks again!

I actually briefly considered that the valve could be hooked to a compressor to make the engine super charged! Pumping more air and fuel into any engine alway proves to be interesting!

Back