Logo

2005' 300hp hpdi want start after long set up.

baychamp

Hey guys, I have an 05' Champion Bay boat with a 300 hdpi that im having trouble with. I Was in an industrial accident that has had me in hospitals out of state for the last 2.5 years. Just got released to come home a few months ago and am trying to get my boat ready for fishing. A friend had it winterized at the dealership I bought it from while I was hospitalized but the company has since closed the doors leaving me without a Yahama dealer anywhere close.
Cleaned all dirtdauber nests and changed the plugs. Was running great before my accident but has been set up for 3 years. Im getting fire to all 6 plugs. It starts when carb cleaner is sprayed into throttlebody. Stabil was added to system when winterized but gas drained out of pump was nasty smelling. Gas in engine must be gummed up. Is there a formula to cleaning and flushing the fuel system on the motor? Could I disconnect pump bulb from tank end and pump a strong Seafoam and gas mix into engine to clean or am I going to have to pull injectors also.

Last edited:
Back