Logo

Removing Carter Carbs from Interceptor Motor

Tollycraft63

Hi, I'm a newbie at side draft carbs and Interceptor motors. I have a 292 (I think) Interceptor with a carb problem. I can idle but the boat will backfire and shut down when I get her going after 15-30 seconds. So. I would like to remove the carbs to get re-built, but not quite sure how to get them out!! I just don't want to remove more than i need to. Any help would be very appreciated (or suggestions on the problem). Thanks
David

Last edited:
David, You will have to remove the intake manifold because the linkage tieing the 2 carbs together is underneath them. Its an easy job and will allow you adjust the linkage before reinstalling them. You can use automotive gaskets.

Matt

Thanks so much Matt I appreciate the info. As it turns out, I had a fuel problem with sediment from the tank all the way into the fuel pump. And now after taking the fuel pump apart, I have a small leak out of a very tiny hole in the bottom of the pump!! It never ends!! So now I'm on a quest to figure this problem out. But I now have a very clean fuel system!! Thanks again.

Back