Logo

I have a 2005 F115hp tlrd that will not go in reverse

bobby_smith

Saturday a rope was pulled into the prop. After about 2 seconds the motor shut off. After unwrapping the rope from the prop the motor started right up and ran normal. I then noticed that it would not go in reverse at all. The control box would not go into reverse either. The next day I got it to go into reverse, but it was grinding a little and the control box was really stiff in forward. I appreciate any input.

Re: I have a 2005 F115tlrd that will not go in reverse

disconnect the control box from the motor, now shift the motor by hand into fwd then rev, did it shift ok? if so your remote control box is the problem , if not let us know so we can trouble shoot the lower unit.

Re: I have a 2005 F115tlrd that will not go in reverse

Thanks for the direction. As soon as I stated to unhook the box from the motor, I saw the problem. When the motor shut off a screw that mounts the throttle body to the intake had sheared off. It lodged in the track where the reverse cable slides back and forth and would not let the cable move. I pulled the screw out of the track, and it went into reverse just fine. Forward is also working smoothly now. Thanks a bunch for pointing me in the right direction.

Back