Logo

Sea King 5hp Mod#GG9002C Info?

kickback

I have a 5hp Sea king I know it was made by Gale in 57 but I can't find this model #. Any info would help greatly and if someone has a manual or parts list I would appreciate it. Thanks

I have some pretty good Gale lists but likewise can't find a 9002c which was built for Wards.

If you are certain it's a 1957 model, the only 5 horse models they cranked out that year was the 5D14B and 5S13B model (Buccaneer's) regardless of how they were painted or what decal was on them.

You can try getting ahold of www.laingsoutboards.com - they really know these engines and have an excellent stock of parts as well...

Thanks for the info.It just seems odd that there is a model # that seems to be impossible to find anything on. I was just hoping I wouldn't have to dish out that outrageous price for the manual and parts list, but thank you for all your help. I'm sure its a 57 the SN# is 75x644656.:confused:

Try over to aomci.org and maybe someone will have a parts list they would post. Not unheard of for motors to pop up now and then that aren't listed. Could be a late 56 model that was badged as a 57 as missed in the listings.

Yes, could well be - Gale did "brand" motors for a number of places and as well as they did keep track (and make available) all the various model numbers - for sure one or two fell through the cracks..

Back