Logo

New Yamaha 300 four stroke

Kingcole23

was wondering if anyone could help me on this one....i just got twin 300 four strokes.....now the 20 hours is up......what is the necessary service requirement.....one dealer quoted me a $1,000.00......any help would be greatly appreciated ....

Let's see, the "initial" service would include -

Check the batteries and cables to make sure nothing has shook loose and they are holding a charge properly

Check for fuel, water and oil leaks at all hoses, gaskets etc

Check the starting and idle condition of each motor

Change the engine oil

Inspect the water separating filters

Replace the 10 micron fuel filters

Replace the gear oil

Lubricate all the lube points

Inspect the power trim/tilt

Inspect the sparkplugs

Check the water inlet and check the waterpump for proper operation

Check the wireharness and gauges

With the retail price of a pair of 300's in the 40-50 thousand dollar range, 1000 bucks for service, as a percentage basis of initial cost is actually very cheap in comparison to most outboards.

Even at that cost I would have the check done by an authorized dealer - I personally wouldn't want to take chances should you require a warranty claim down the road - because if they don't check it they could point the finger at you if something goes wrong...

try another dealer, shop around, but get the work done by an authorized dealer, and as Galamb said "I personally wouldn't want to take chances should you require a warranty claim down the road - because if they don't check it they could point the finger at you if something goes wrong... " Yamaha has the best warranty, if you do everything by their book.

Back