Logo

Determining engine hours 2001 V250s

jon_allen

Regular Contributor
Hi Guys,
I'm a frequent contributor to the Volvo/Penta and Crusader Forum. I don't deal with outboards much but I need some help. I'm doing some electrical work on a 35 ft. Scarab with triple V250 Yamahas. I do not see any reading on any of the factory Yamaha Gauges that indicates engine hrs. The amount of hrs. is something I need to know . I was told that these early engines, prod. date 3/01 are not equipped with an hour meter from the factory and that there is no way to extract this info from the motors. One of the motors has a model no. SX250txra and the other SX250lxra. I could'nt read the numbers off the center motor. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You
Jon Allen

If Just-In-Time is around he would know for sure. I have just gone cover to cover through the service manual on these particular models and there is no mention at all of an (onboard) hour meter.

It looks like the outputs from engine computer on these is limited to a handful of trouble codes...

Hi Galamb,

Thank you for your quick reply and help. I guess Yamaha did'nt provide for this very important function. Does'nt make much sense but thats the way it is.

Thanks Again
Jon Allen

you can't hook a computer up to this motor, you can only use the winky blinky (flashing light) trouble code system. No motor hours.

Back