Logo

motor quistion need answer (ASAP)

whaler m

ok i had my 90hp yamaha 2 stroke rebuilt. today was the first day it went in the water and bye acedent i forgot to lower the motor into the water three different times today and ran it for about 3or4 seconts would you think i blew my motor it still runs fine and only has about 3 hours worth of break in

You should be OK if it was just for 3 or 4 seconds each time.

You aren't going to blow a motor for lack of water for a few seconds unless you have the rpm's waaaay up there.

Your biggest concern would be running the impeller without water. They tend to give up the ghost after if they are run dry for more than 15 seconds or so, so keep an eye on your temp and pressure of the water coming out the pee hole.

You did it 3 times in one day????? Why did you keep trimming it up out of the water???

You should be OK if it was just for 3 or 4 seconds each time.

You aren't going to blow a motor for lack of water for a few seconds unless you have the rpm's waaaay up there.

Your biggest concern would be running the impeller without water. They tend to give up the ghost after if they are run dry for more than 15 seconds or so, so keep an eye on your temp and pressure of the water coming out the pee hole.

You did it 3 times in one day????? Why did you keep trimming it up out of the water???
well thank you so far i have put in about 5 hours worth of brekin time but it seems to smoke everytime i start it or if im trolling really slow someone said its becouse all two strokes smoke how true is this

If this was just rebuilt you should be running a higher oil ratio - like 25:1 (or 50:1 if it's normally a 100:1 engine).

So if it's oil injected you should also be running mixed gas.

The "extra oil" during break-in WILL result in alot more smoke than normal....

Back