Logo

Fuel Rails not Available? 2001 115hp

capecoop

Contributing Member
Is any one else having this issue. I'm being told by Evinrude that they are designing new fuel rails for my 2001 115 fitch but they won't be available to mid July? My dealer told me they are trying to find the part and that the the larger moters (250's) are the ones they haven't even starting makeing these parts yet. This seems insane that these parts are not around. Meanwhile these bad fuel rails can cause fire to the engine.

Re: Fuel Rails not Available?

Yes it is. I was told from them that this is a very large problem. The E-Gas is damaging the fuel rails (shrader valve). Causing many engines to have damaging fires. The new part will elimanate this valve. The products are still being worked on and won't be available untill mid July at best. Some people are using hose clamps..ect..but its not recomended. In fact they recomened not running these engines until the new parts are ready!!! My dealer advised he knows someone at the factory that might be able to find one for my 115hp. Its been a couple weeks now so its not looking good.

Now I'm being told the parts have been manufactured by a new vendor and are being tested. Hopefully they will be ready soon. My dealer has numerous boats waiting for these. Half of the summer has gone by!

I have had it with BRP! They told us they shipped the fuel rails last week. When they came today it was a fuel pump! Dealer called BRP advised they don't know when they will be avaialble maybe in a couple of months! They have 150 on back order. Its been over two months and this company cannot figure out how to manufacture a part! Trying to find a used one that has not failed. BRP also advised that a hose clamp can be used but my dealer and others have told me that this is very dangerous and many fires were started this way.

Just spoke with BRP and I have to say I would not buy any products form them due to there lack of customer service. They have no answers to when this part will be available. I have a feeling if they was an E-Tech it would be a different story. They have 100's of customers that have been waiting all year for this part and they don't have a manufacturer that can make a new one?

There's a used set on Ebay for $75 for a 1998. Don't know if they will do you any good or not. Good luck!

You have to remember one thing, this 2001 115 ficht that you have wasn't designed or built by BRP. It was the old OMC and in those yrs they were about to go tits up. I think BRP is trying to help you with your prob even tho' they didn't design it or build it. And yes, the E-TEC's are great mtrs. I wouldn't have any other mtr.

Last edited:

Thanks, my dealer has gotten two sets of the old ones but they all had the same issue with the valve leaking. I want to hold out for the new ones at this point since the season is half over.

I undertand this motor wasn't built buy BRP but they need to be responsible for all of these evinrudes. I was informed that these fuel rail failures were common on the 98/99 motors but not the 2001's. I would not have known this if my fuel pump had gone bad. Now I'm questioning if my problem was steming form the fuel pump or the fuel rail which was leaking a large quantity of gas. Trying to help is not an answer you want to hear from a company that is responsible for parts for this engine. Not having a vendor that can make this one part for the entire year is outragous. I guess they feel that $150 customers waiting for a $235 part is not a big deal but I have not been able to use my boat all season because of this. My dealer has 5 customers all in the same situation.

Trust me if I could a afford an E-tech I would have one but I have a ten year old engine with 150 hours that has been maintained.

My experience with evinrude customer service in the past was exceptional even though I had major mechanical problems. Twin 300xp 3.6. One to two powerheads blown a year and replaced over and over again under warrenty. We are talking large holes just blown through the motor and mid range rpm. Granted they never said what the problem was except that the counter rotating engine only had a life span of 50 hours and basically shook itself apart.

Back