Logo

Hawaiian Powerboat 454

Honda90

My husband just bought a 1996 Team Hawaiian 25' powerboat with a Marine power 454 carburated engine. I have model numbers, serial numbers and now looking for where I can get all the tech/spec info on the engine. Does anyone know of a website that will give me more engine info based on your model number etc? The boat came out of Lake Havasku Arizona over a year ago. The boat is running great but he'd like to find more info on the engine.
Any info would be appreciated!!!

tks

you can start at marinepower's www site. The 454's haven't changed much since the switch from the Mark IV 'flavors. The internals are (were) standard GM short blocks supplied to the Marinizers who added their exhausts, intakes, and cooling packages.

Over that past 2 weeks I've left 4 or 5 messages at their home site and have had nothing returned, I'm not sure if they still monitor the site. They leave no contact phone so it's email or nothing. I've also heard that holley makes a carburetor that changes it into an EFI, does that sound real?

tks

Never heard of a carb to morphs into an EFI setup. That said, Holley does make retrofit TBI systems that replace existing carbs on squarebore applications (or spreadbores with an adapter or intake manifold change). Personally, its a lot of money and I think you are better off in the long run actually tuning the carb to the engine/boat combination.

As far as more info, the best bet would be to get a factory service manual. it should have all the information desired. As far as a source, check with Andrew, the gent that hosts this site. He has access to damn near all of them at a reasonable cost, too.

Back