Logo

2000 150 Ocean Pro Fuel Debacle!

jfillingim

Hello Everyone.........I am at a loss with my 2000 150 Ocean Pro. I will start off by telling you that the problem is intermittent. The engine will run like a scalded dog one day and will act up the next. At speed the engine acts as if it is starving for fuel. It will begin to bog down unless someone is priming the bulb. I have changed the fuel hose, the vent (gas cap), the nipple that the fuel line connects to, and the pickup filter that is in the tank. The fuel filter (screen) also looks really clean. I was told that if the problem was the fuel pump, it would not run at all. I would really appreciate any ideas that you all may have. Also does anyone know if there is a seperate fuel filter in the engine besides the screen type in the front. If there is, I damn sure can't find it!! Thanks for any help!

Jud

Re: 150 Ocean Pro Fuel Debacle!

Check for a sticking float in the vapor chamber.
That engine should have a vacuum switch, and if alarm is not set off, it is not on suction side unless you have an air/fuel leakage.

If pumping the fuel primer bulb results in having the engine run normally, that usually indicates a failing fuel pump, of a air/fuel leak between the pump and the fuel supply.

I have the same problem with by 2001 115....Fuel flow test show the high pressure fuel pump was failing. Has to be water tested to make sure. These test also showed failed fuel rails due to the E-Gas. Evinrude won't even have the parts until mid July!

Back