Logo

KAD42A-low RPM under load

aimee_lynn

2002 engine, cannot get RPM over 1400 when under load. If i reduce load (steer boat with wind) it helps. Heavier the load, more difficult to achieve acceleration. Usually RPM remains at 1400 unless load is reduced. Occasionally accelerates on it's own but I think it's due to un-noticed load reduction (wind,waves, current). Once RPMs exceed 1500 boat accelerates. Of course it reaches RPMs in neutral. Supercharger does engage. Recently changed fuel filters. Replaced supercharger 3 years ago.

How do you verify that Supercharger engages?
Propeller pitch and size are important factors related to weight, power, RPM's. Has anything been changed since engine was performing properly?

Other factors: Moisture in fuel; clean fuel filters both primary and secondary; fuel pump presure; No solutions here, just trying to tbe helpful.
pv

Props etc. are all the same no changes. Changed fuel filters couple of weeks ago and bled lines. Had no fuel to fill new filters (Volvo and Racor) but did bleed the line while engine running. Secured inflatable to stern which really intensified the problem.
I appreciate any suggestions. Thank you;.
alec

I can hear SC wine when I rev in neutral. Also belt engages and turns fan while running under load. SC was replaced about 3 seasons ago.

Back