Logo

1998 25 HP tohatsu idol problem

boggy1717

:confused:Stalls at low idol .
Changed plugs and replaced gas filter.Tried new gas tank,Fuel Hose & connecters (about time anyway)
Cleaned Carburator
Starts at first touch with warm up lever up
runs Great Med to Full out open.

any ideas folks? maybe the fuel pump(never been changed) is as tired as i am. But would it run that good opened up then?

Thanks

Re: 98 25 HP tohatsu idol problem

What model: 25C2 or C3 maybe? What idle RPM do you have set with the idle stop screw? What method did you use to clean the carb?

Likely not fuel pump, as that symptom typically affects high speed rather than idle.

Using your Factory service manual, I would 1- Do a proper soak cleaning of the carb, and 2- Adjust the timing/sync.

thanks 4 the reply. will get u model #. soak cleaning done will try to adjust timing/sinc.idle screw is pinned due to problem hopefully can readjust lower when fixed.
bob

What model: 25C2 or C3 maybe? What idle RPM do you have set with the idle stop screw? What method did you use to clean the carb?

Likely not fuel pump, as that symptom typically affects high speed rather than idle.

Using your Factory service manual, I would 1- Do a proper soak cleaning of the carb, and 2- Adjust the timing/sync.

carb is clean trying to adust timing sync tommorrow

Back