Logo

150 hp johnson cylinder block

rlcjr85

I have a 1986 Johnson model J150STLCDC and it thew a rod and punched a hole in the crankcase. probably Servere damage, but need to know what other Powerhead will work. Would like to find good used short block to save time and money but need a little help.

Sound about right

The first Evinrude and Johnson V6 outboard was introduced in 1976. These engines were in production (with few changes) for 16 years (until 1992). The engine was basically a 90 degree crossflow V4 with two additional cylinders added to the top. Two separate 3-cylinder ignition systems were employed. The engines were available with three individual two barrel carburetors were never available with fuel injection and can be identified by the removable transfer port covers and deflector dome on the top of the pistons. They have been available in six different horsepower versions; 150,155,175, 185, 200, and 235

Update I found a 235 powerhead and in the process of changing it over. But I noticed that the 235 has additional tubes that run from the intake back to the cylinder head there are six lines total. I used the intake of the 150 and it has no ports to connect the lines too. can I just plug them off at the cylinder and what were they used for?

Back