Logo

how do i break in a rebuilt out board 1999 90hp

whaler m

i have a 99 90hp yamaha 2 stroke outboard the tech said my 3rd cyclinder is bad so he is just going to rebuild all three now when its done and it goes in the water how slow and how fast should i go i dont want to mess anything upthis is my first boat

Re: how do i break in a rebuilt out board

Just like a new one. For the first 10 hours, never go full throttle, vary the speed irregularly. Don't maintain the same speed for extended lengths of time. You can accelerate full throttle for short periods (like 5 - 10 seconds at a time).

After 10 hours give her the berries.
JOhn ><>

I bought a new 225 vmax.Yamaha told me to not trim out (so the engine will have to work)and run between 2800 and 3200 for the first hour,don't hold steady.Then between 3800 and 4200 for 2 hours,still don't trim out.For the next 7 hours run like you want just don't run WOT for more than 10 seconds at a time.After 10 full hours of breakin, give her hell!!

I bought a new 225 vmax.Yamaha told me to not trim out (so the engine will have to work)and run between 2800 and 3200 for the first hour,don't hold steady.Then between 3800 and 4200 for 2 hours,still don't trim out.For the next 7 hours run like you want just don't run WOT for more than 10 seconds at a time.After 10 full hours of breakin, give her hell!!
ok you said 2800 3200 for the first hour about how fast would that be

Back