Logo

does my 90 hp yamaha need to be rebuilt

whaler m

ok here we go im new to boat so right before i bought the boat i had this guy rob to a conpression check and all tree cyclinder where at 125each and he checked it in the middle of winter and it has a 28 gallon gas tank and it was a quarter full the gas that was in there i was told was about 8 months old and he said it would be fine so after letting it sit in my drive way for 5 months 3weeks ago i hooked up a hose to the female end this is right next to where the motor mounts to the boat started it it ran fine did this a couple of times now a few days later i put it in the water for the first time since i have owned it it didnt start right up like it did in the drive way it took about 15 secounds for it to turn over once it started it was fine for about an hour then i put it in nuteral and took a break then it died took a bit to start again once started went to the yacht club then it died again so i brought it to this place in lowell mass call (performance mayham)(they replace my fuel filter becouse they said it was really old i just replaced it it was brand new)he said it was most likely my carbs where gummed up becouse i addedd new fuel with old fuel and becouse i ran it with old fuel in the drive way so he rebuilt the carbs and now he says now my conpression is 90 on each cyclinder and he says that i might have to have my motor rebuilt be couse there is oil all over the out side of the motor it is visable just bye looking at it then he told me that where i hooked up the hose and ran the motor that was only to flush it when the motor is off when i went there he was using rabbit ears with a hose hooked up to it to run it so i brought it to another guy the same guy that looked at it when i bought it and he says that one of my clcylinders are bad he will rebuild all three clcyinders for 1500 now i was told you can flush the motor with it running bye hooking up the hose to the female end that comes out the side of the motor right next to where it mounts to the boat thank you for reading

Last edited:
Back