Logo

Parts for 1979 20 hp Evinrude outboard

karen

Hi,
We are trying to find part #'s for our 1979 20 hp Evinrude and it's impossible.
We need to find a water pump kit.
I read on this forum that this may be a canadian built motor and the part #'s won't match any of the manual #'s.
We REALLY want to head out fishing and would love some help finding some info on this motor.
I have called Marine shops, sent out e-mails requesting info.....
no help as of yet.
I know someone on this forum can help us out.
Thanks

Thanks to Laketansi for the reply, but I did try this site and it did not recognize the model # which is 209CR02R. I guess the problem is that this is a canadian made motor. For once it doesn't pay to buy Canadian.

OMC's code is he word INTRODUCES where each letter stands for a number...... I=1, N=2, T=3 etc etc.

The "CR" within the model number of 209CR02R indicates the engine is a 1984 20hp model.

To Joe Reeves,
Can our 1979 motor really be a 1984 model even if there is a sticker on the motor saying it's a 1979 20hp?
What should we go by? The sticker or the model#?
I also looked up the antique outboard motor website but I wasn't ready to pay the $63 to join their forum.(yet)
I am almost out of resources to phone, e-mail.....
Thank you to everyone for their replies and keep the suggestions coming.
We did have a awesome fishing trip with our 6hp though. It just took a little longer to get anywhere.

Model number 209CR02R

Normally the "CR" in the model number (as mentioned earlier) indicates the engine is a 1984 model. However, the first three digits of the model number would indicate that the engine is indeed a 1979 20hp model (1st 2 digits = hp..... 3rd digit = year).

I just double checked my books (several books) and cannot find any record of that complete model number (209CR02R) which is somewhat confusing to say the least.

Hopefully someone will jump in here with more information to bring us both up to date.

Back