Logo

Yamaha 150 not getting fuel

Larry Korn

I have a yamaha 150 that all of a sudden it is not getting fuel to the engine. The reason I know this is because the primer bulb compresses when I am accelerated, The engine idles fine and can go at slow speeds.
I changed the filter, all gas lines from the gas tank to the engine (except the one from the internal screen filter to the carbs). Also the gas vent to make sure it was not clogged. Also checked the tube that goes into the gas tank.

Your anti-siphon valve(attached to the tube) coming out of the gas tank maybe plugged up.

The barbed fitting attached to the pickup tube coming out of the gas tank should have a spring loaded check valve.

Good luck !

Your not alone... my 225 having same problem I have replaced the large main filter from tank to engine then changed fuel filter on engine thought I had it licked. Ran it yesterday 1.5 hour run in bay and back now problem. Then all of sudden started doing it again. If is start of slow and gradually get into it I can get it running full throttle. Just can not get on it out of the hole. Help!!

Back