Logo

Serial number for Johnson GT150 V6

pookyzrevenge

I am trying to find out if there is another area where the serial and model number might be on a Johnson GT150 HP outboard motor. There is a plate on the engine mount that contains the information but it is barely legible. I think that I have the serial number correct which I believe is J813127. I am hoping that there is a serial number elsewhere on the motor to verify it. Also, the model number is not readable, is it anywhere else on the motor itself? Can I tell what the year is of the motor by the serial number?

"Semper Fi"

Allen Perdue

Look for a core plug on the powerhead..... looks like a quarter size freeze out plug. It may have the model and serial number imprinted upon it.

Thanks, I looked for one. I have an Evinrude 70 HP that has the serial number on a plug. Can I find out what model number the motor is by the serial number?

Serial number? Not to my knowledge. Look closely at the model number..... what, if anything can you make out on it?

Pictures might help to identify the engine.

It looks like, from what I can tell that the serial number is J81312. But I am not sure. I looked all over the motor and could not find any serial number. I have heard that the serial number is sometimes stamped on the drive shaft or something like that.

Attachments

• DSC00068.jpg
    DSC00068.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 625
  • DSC00073.jpg
    DSC00073.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 869
  • DSC00063.jpg
    DSC00063.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 519
  • DSC00065.jpg
    DSC00065.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:
Hopefully someone will come along and ID that engine from the pictures. Unfortunately my books pertain to the Evinrude.

Thanks Joe. I got a boat(1983 Procraft 1750V) and motor for a dollar. The boat is a restoration as is the motor. I cranked the motor the other day(it hasn't run in 4 years). Motor ran well, need to replace some wiring. I have to provide a serial number for the motor to register the boat. The original registration does not have the serial number of the motor on it. This stinks that I cannot read (legibly) the serial number and model number of the motor off of the plate that is on the side of the motor. Thanks for all of your help, and maybe someone can point me in the right direction to find the serial and model number.

"Semper Fi"
Allen

[QUOTE = pookyzrevenge; 285513] Estoy tratando de averiguar si hay otra área donde la serie y el modelo podría ser en un motor fuera de borda Johnson GT150 HP. Hay una placa en el motor de montaje que contiene la información, pero es casi ilegible. Creo que tengo el número de serie correcto que creo que es J813127. Espero que haya un número de serie en otras partes del motor para verificar. Además, el número de modelo no se puede leer, es otro sitio en el propio motor? ¿Puedo saber lo que es el año del motor por el número de serie?

"Semper Fi"

[Allen Perdue / QUOTE]

Stand on the passenger side of the motor. On top of the head u will see a round plug, like a freeze out plug. It will have two sets of numbers. One will star like this: J150. It might be J150STL or J150TL. Once u get this number call ur local boat dealer and give them the number and ask for the year of the motor. I am going to say between a 84-86. Good Luck

Back