Logo

one side riser getting very hot

damroc

the starboard riser got that hot today it melted the rubber sleave to bits, if the manifold is badly blocked then who do i unblock it, i put another sleeve on today and the same thing happened again. is it a big job to unblock my problem, the temp stays at the higher side of 170c but seems to get really hot at higher speeds. the boats is always used in salt water
completely confused

This motor is a what ? got more then 10 hp, made before Noah had the ark built.

Made by who ?

Drive is what ?

Jeez like pulling teeth.

Hy, Bondo Ghost, anyone got the crystal ball back from the shop yet.

My wife won't let me gaze in mine cause i got it tuned to Pam Andersons bedroom.

if the manifold is badly blocked then who do i unblock it, i put another sleeve on today and the same thing happened again. is it a big job to unblock my problem, the temp stays at the higher side of 170c but seems to get really hot at higher speeds. the boats is always used in salt water

Ayuh,.... Install 2 New manifolds,+ 2 New risers....

While it is sometimes possible to unblock these manifolds/risers, it is at best a very temporary and usually unsatisfactory solution since very often removing the deposits uncovers a hole in a bad place. If you are running in salt water, then you should have a 130 degree (F) Thermostat (~ 55C). If you run higher temp thermostats, then the salt and minerals will "precipitate" out and clog passages.

Back