Logo

VMax 1999 150hp 2 stroke

HoovDog

I have a 99 Vmax and it starts fine but will not keep running unless I bump the choke. This is the case at any throttle setting. An external visual of the fuel filter, it looks fine (but am not sure). Ran fine for a couple of days when put it in the water after winter but then started acting up. Pumping the fuel ball doesn't change anything. Is on a Hurricane with 25 gallon tank that was filled after taking out of storage. Thanks!

Re: VMax 150 2 stroke

I have the same problem w/ my 2001 V max 150. The chock is the only way it will not stall out.It will run ok at hi rpm after its up on a plane but will not idle.
I replaced the old e-10 crap w/ fresh fuel an added stabilizer. I also changed the fuel filter and sprayed the carbs w/ cleaner.
Still no luck...could it be the fuel pump?

I have the same problem w/ my 2001 V max 150. The chock is the only way it will not stall out.It will run ok at hi rpm after its up on a plane but will not idle.
I replaced the old e-10 crap w/ fresh fuel an added stabilizer. I also changed the fuel filter and sprayed the carbs w/ cleaner.
Still no luck...could it be the fuel pump?
I have put carb cleaner in the gas and am waiting to see of that has any impact. I do not use the ethanol stuff so that's not it for me. Am about to change the filter. I have called my local boat doctor who is a week and a half out so If I can't fix it before he gets here, I'll let you know what he says.

Thx HD

Can u still buy non E-gas?
In Virgina that all that is available thanks to those
(brain surgions) in DC.

h

I have put carb cleaner in the gas and am waiting to see of that has any impact. I do not use the ethanol stuff so that's not it for me. Am about to change the filter. I have called my local boat doctor who is a week and a half out so If I can't fix it before he gets here, I'll let you know what he says.

HD

I have made some progress.
I replaced the plugs and she runs great at any RPM over 10k.
Still idels a little sloppy below that though.
I may play w/ the idle up screw.

h

Back