Logo

1992 60hp johnson

tgallahan

I have a johnson 1992 60 power tlit and trim was working but stop working.key switch was working but quit.ck fuses cant find anything wrong any answers,thanks troy

Re: 60 johnson

Inspect/examine the smaller RED wires leading from the starter solenoid. In line of one of them you will find a 20 ampere power fuse that leads to the "B" terminal of the ignition switch. Sounds like you blew that fuse somehow.

Last edited:

Inspect/examine the smaller RED wirs leading from the starter solenoid. In line of one of them you will find a 20 ampere power fuse that leads to the "B" terminal of the ignition switch. Sounds like you blew that fuse somehow.
thanks i will try to find it, i was putting back in the seats that was recoverd,maybe thats how...i put tester to battery and than to tilt and trim worked at motor put to red wire at control it worked, does that mean fuse or fuseable link etc Thanks Troy

Inspect/examine the smaller RED wires leading from the starter solenoid. In line of one of them you will find a 20 ampere power fuse that leads to the "B" terminal of the ignition switch. Sounds like you blew that fuse somehow.
its driving me crazy i ck the wires but i can't find the power fuse you are talking about?? only ones i can find is under dash ?? but tester showes no power to ignition our tilt trim help ,,don't know what else to try it was working find than i put back seats not working ck to see if i hit wire but none of wires there, were seats are i know it something simple,or iam just overlooking it,,thanks Troy

I said the fuse would be in one of the smaller RED wires leading from the starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is attached to the powerhead. If you don't know what a starter solenoid is, trace the large RED positive battery cable to the engine and you'll find it attached to one of the large terminals of the starter solenoid.

Now, at the starter solenoid, trace the smaller RED wires back a few inches and you'll find the power fuse I speak of.

I said the fuse would be in one of the smaller RED wires leading from the starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is attached to the powerhead. If you don't know what a starter solenoid is, trace the large RED positive battery cable to the engine and you'll find it attached to one of the large terminals of the starter solenoid.

Now, at the starter solenoid, trace the smaller RED wires back a few inches and you'll find the power fuse I speak of.
Thanks for all your help short in key switch, Thanks Troy

Back