Logo

2002 F115TXRA fixed but not for long

pullinin

i was having several different issues with my motor not too long ago, primary one being it would go above 2300 rpm under load. i had a tech hook it up to the diagnositc computer and the only thing it showed was a throttle position sensor failure about 100 hours prior to the rpm problem. the mechanic ended up changing my oil pump, low pressure fuel pump, checked vst (looked good), cleaned injectors, compression was good across the board, and impeller change. The motor ran great for about 5 trips, and on the last trip after trolling all day, i cleared my lines to run home and the motor wouldn't throttle up past 2700 rpms this time. Starts and idles fine, will climb to 2700 fine but after that sounds like it's bogging. The only thing i noticed prior to it acting up again was 2 trips earlier the i was throttling up from stop and the motor seemed to actually stop for less than a second and then started going again, almost like someone pulled the plug and then plugged it right back in. i am wondering if my throttle sensor is bad and failed again and now its running in safety mode or something.

Back