Logo

Why Yamaha 15FMH 100:1 and Tohatsu 18E2 50:1 ???

BUGATTI

After a long observe i noticed that both Yamaha 15 FMH and Tohatsu 18E2 2 str. engines uses 2 ring pistons.

What is the difference that makes yamaha use 100:1 and Tohatsu 18E2 50:1 oil ratio ?

I was an older 15 FMHL user but got a new Tohatsu 18E2,what can you say about this engine ?

Any modern 50:1-designed outboard can run at 100:1 if you use the appropriate synthetic 2-stroke oil, such as marketed by amsoil. In general, Tohatsu's policy is to be conservative, dependable, durable and reliable, hence using a richer oil mixture. The 9.9D2/15D2/18E2 is the last of the 2-stroke series in that size category, and is solid, mature technology. Your motor is probably at least a decade old, so what is your definition of "new"?

Any modern 50:1-designed outboard can run at 100:1 if you use the appropriate synthetic 2-stroke oil, such as marketed by amsoil. In general, Tohatsu's policy is to be conservative, dependable, durable and reliable, hence using a richer oil mixture. The 9.9D2/15D2/18E2 is the last of the 2-stroke series in that size category, and is solid, mature technology. Your motor is probably at least a decade old, so what is your definition of "new"?

I was an older YAMAHA 15 FMHL user but got a brandnew 2010 Tohatsu 18E2,and sold my Yamaha 15 fmhl.

I use Total neptuna 2T Racing Syntethic Oil http://www.lubricants.total.com/lub/content/NT00065FEE.pdf

Do you mean by this oil i can use this 18E2 with 100:1 mixture safely ?

"Do you mean by this oil i can use this 18E2 with 100:1 mixture safely ?"

No...

Read the Neptuna data sheet closely: "Mixing of the fuel should be in accordance with the manufacturewr's recommendations."

Back